We Franciscans of the Sacred Heart Province profess and live the Gospel within the Catholic Church. Living in fraternity and walking with God's people, especially those marginalized by society, we are heralds of peace and ministers of reconciliation.
We Franciscans of the Sacred Heart Province will create communities of prayer and shared life, living the Gospel in the spirit of Francis and Clare as our life and mission, enlivening ourselves and others, respecting the circumstances and cultures in which we find ourselves.
1. Living a joyful life that is simple and itinerant.
2. With reliance on God, deepening a spirit of prayer and devotion.
3. Living together as fraternities in mission.
4. In a spirit of collaboration, being brothers to all, especially the poor and those marginalized by society.
5. Engendering respectful stewardship of God's creation and care for our common home.
6. Serving the Church in the spirit of the Second Vatican Council.
7. Recognizing the gifts all friars bring at each stage of their life.
8. Lifelong formation in the Franciscan tradition.